We are looking for a System Engineer for a mission until the end of the year in a public sector in the center of Brussels.
You will work in the Systems Division which develops the ICT system architecture and organizes and manages the ICT systems.
It provides technical analysis of needs, development and management of the system architecture (servers, networks, DB management, communication, video) as well as the development of the technical standards of the organization and the implementation of ICT security and protection. It also manages the data centers and the presence in these centers of a central infrastructure and technical systems.
The service also provides specialized second-line support in this area.
Purpose of the function
Ensure the implementation of new systems and their maintenance to enable the users to perform their missions effectively and efficiently.
Description of the function
As part of your role, you will participate in the digital transformation by implementing various tools and technologies in a secure way to face the challenges of today and tomorrow.
In this respect, cybersecurity plays an important role and a modern, reliable, efficient and above all secure environment is essential.
This is why digitization, modernization and the implementation of modern, mobile, secure and efficient systems is a priority.
To this end, you will be incorporating into a multidisciplinary team. In this team, you will be Microsoft Systems Specialist.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support for AD and Windows Server environment
- Provide technical support for Virtualization and VDI environments
- Proactively maintains infrastructure with latest firmware, updates and patching
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Coordinate changes on servers, h/w changes and configuration changes
- 4+ years of engineering experience with the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2016/2012R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
- VMware ESXi 6
- Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/GPO/ADFS/MFA
- PowerShell scripting experience
- SQL Server 2016
- PKI infrastructure
- Failover clustering
- Plan, manage and report on infrastructure project as needed
- Ability to communicate with various levels, including management and types of end users is required
- Languages: Be preferably bilingual (French, Dutch) or, have a sufficient basic knowledge of a second national language to participate without any problem in meetings with other specialists and with representatives of users. A knowledge of technical English is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- High availability design
- Compliance and security
- Cloud infrastructure experience with Microsoft Azure
- Certification in one of the following is highly desirable: Microsoft
- Sense of communication (written and verbal).
- Able to lead a multidisciplinary team, composed of IT engineers and system administrators.
- Ability to write project monitoring reports
- Stress resistance
- Demonstrate autonomy, initiative and flexibility